Saturday, September 4, 2010

Storms and High Tides

Allow me a moment to express how I feel…

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! LORD PLEASE DELIVER US!!”

And now a parable…

“There was a couple who got stranded out on a rock in the ocean during a big storm. The waves were so bad that no one could come out and rescue them. At times the waves grew so big it felt that they would be knocked off the rock but they just held on real tight. Other times the waves would pull back and the sun would briefly shine and they were tempted to let go of the rock and try to swim to safety, but then the waves would grow big again. They just knew that if they held on fast to the rock, through the big waves and the small waves that they would not fall down and eventually the storm would subside, the waves would come no more, and the sun would shine again.”

That is how we feel. Big waves, small waves, some sun, then big waves again. It’s going to be a long storm for us.

“I love you, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.”

Psalm 18:1-3

My Lord calms me. I know if we cling to Him tightly we will be just fine.

Big waves came again today. The doctors have been anxious and working to get things crossed off Madeline’s list of problems. Her heart and lungs continue to be a major source of concern. Everyone is still on the fence as to whether or not her heart can support her. One ultrasound and diagnosis looks good, the next one not so good. Everyone has decided it is in Madeline’s best interest to take an ambulance ride over to Children’s Hospital to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU). They will be able to do an MRI and have the surgeons who would be involved in any decisions see her. Although the docs here have reassured us that this does not necessarily mean “on step closer to heart surgery” it is hard on us because that’s how we feel. They may still decide to wait and watch her over at Children’s. Only God knows.

Please continue to pray for baby Madeline, pray that God would deliver her from her problems. Pray that her heart is big and strong enough for her. Pray that God would reveal to the doctors and surgeons what they need to see, pray for all involved that no quick decisions would be made. Pray for Lisa and I as we struggle with all these big decisions. Please pray that God’s plan would be revealed to us. Pray for the strength of our grip on God to be increased through this.

Thank you all for continuing to bear this burden with us in love and patience.

Grace,
Shanker & Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment